In line with the Singapore government’s directive, and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Alliance Française de Singapour will be temporarily closed to the public from Friday 27 March to Monday 4 May included. Without any further notice, Alliance Française will reopen on Tuesday 5 May.
Let’s stay safe and socially responsible in these difficult times.
During Alliance Française’ closure, we will move to 100% remote learning. We are eager to ensure the continuity of our teaching activities and have worked on our e-learning plan. Our students will soon be contacted.
All our events affected by the closure are cancelled. We will get in touch shortly with customers who have already purchased tickets.
Please note that we are following all the measures taken by the Singaporean authorities on which we depend. Since the start of the crisis, Alliance Française de Singapour has scrupulously applied all official directives and recommendations.
Here are the measures taken to protect the health and safety of our visitors, in our everyday work:
- All visitors are requested to have their temperature checked and to fill a form with their identity and travel history.
– Temperature of our staff is taken twice daily.
– Access is denied to any visitor with any flu symptom or a temperature exceeding 37.4 °C.
– Visitors who travelled to China, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Italy, France, Spain, the UK, Switzerland, Germany and ASEAN countries are not granted access to Alliance Française, if they travelled during the periods of time indicated by the MOH.
– All visitors are requested to wash their hands when entering our venue.
– All touchpoints are regularly cleaned and sanitised by professional cleaners.
As for our events, here are the additional measures:
- In our theatre of 236 seats, we limit ticket sales to 110 seats in order for the audience to be seated respecting a distance of one seat between each spectator and to avoid contact with each other.
– The theatre will be disinfected thoroughly between each screening.
– Hand sanitizer will be at the disposal of our patrons before the events.
UPDATE ON 16/03/2020
Access to Alliance Française will be denied to any visitor who travelled within the last 14 days to the following countries AND entered Singapore after the indicated dates below:
UPDATE ON 13/02/2020
We will check bags and take the temperature of everyone before his/her entrance at Alliance Française. Please defer your visit to Alliance Française if your temperature is more than 37.7°C. Before proceeding to your destination in our premises, you should complete the form at the reception and thoroughly wash your hands with water and soap in the toilets.
UPDATE ON 06/02/2020
Since Monday 3 February, we take the temperature of each visitor before his/her entrance at Alliance Française de Singapour. We kindly ask you to defer your visit to Alliance Française if your temperature is more than 38°C. Please also defer your visit to Alliance Française if you have been to China in the last fourteen days.
Alliance Française de Singapour strongly advises you to avoid travel to Hubei province in China and defer all non-essential travels to the rest of mainland China. Also, please note that, starting from today:
-Any student/staff must make a travel declaration (please see attached).
-A 14-day Leave of Absence (LOA) applies to the students and staff who return from mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau) from 14 January 2020 or later. You The LOA starts from the day of arrival in Singapore from China. Please follow instructions given by MOH.